BA (Sociology and Mathematics), MA (Sociology), PhD in Progress (Sociology)
Rob is a sociologist and a mathematician. He has over 14 years’ experience working as a Principal Investigator, Project and Programme Manager, and Communications Strategist at a number of leading Irish research institutions and universities including University College Cork, National University of Ireland Trinity College, Teagasc, and University College Dublin. Some of the main funding bodies he has worked for include the European Commission, the European Fundamental Rights Agency (FRA), Eurofound, and Eurostat in Europe, and the Environmental Protections Agency, the National Disability Authority and the Higher Education Authority in Ireland. His main research interests include:
- Human rights: social policy, digital technologies and human rights, migrant rights, labour rights, public participation and civic engagement, and cosmopolitan governance.
- Applied social sciences: qualitative, quantitative, and social network analysis.
- Social theory: critical theory, cognitive frame theory, sociology of the environment, citizenship, and cosmopolitanism.
- Health and wellbeing: eHealth, disability research, population health, biopsychosocial model of wellbeing, and cognitive development.
- Innovation: social and technological innovation, and Collective Awareness Platforms for Sustainability and Social Innovation (CAPS).
- Youth and childhood research: developmental indicators for children growing up in the residential system for asylum seekers in Ireland.
Board Director – USA, Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland (UK)
Dr. Harrington qualified as an MD from the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland and has studied and practiced the integration of conventional and alternative medicines. Phil has spent the past fifteen years immersed in the world of e-commerce and Internet technology. He contributed to the growth of Earthlink, now the second largest US Internet service provider. Prior to his arrival in the US, he founded the largest independent consumer electronics sales and marketing company in Ireland. Currently Dr. Harrington is founder and CEO of the music company, youbloom which works in the area of artist discovery, online and offline through live events and festivals, around the world.